Independent MP Viktor Dallakyan presented his proposal today, which combines elements of EU/PACE and Armenian cultural representatives’ proposals:
- parliamentary commission to investigate events of 1 March [I personally would not trust commission within the current parliament and would prefer independent one]
- make steps towards allowing work of independent/pro-opposition A1+ and Noyan Tapan TV stations
- allow opposition representatives to voice their opinion via Public TV
- amnesty for those detained/arrested not involved in direct violence [I would go for their release by a court decision and not an “amnesty”]
- prepare for parliamentary elections in a year time, after necessary institutional and legislative changes
A sound proposal, overall.